Looking for an easier way to fill last-minute Open Shifts?
ShiftMatch, the most innovative workforce automation & management application for filling open shifts.
ShiftMatch matches open shifts with the best available workers from the internal relief pool and the external contingent workforce, streamlining workforce management and saving you time and money. No more phone calls or waiting for workers to call and confirm that they can work a shift.
Intelligent Automated Allocation
ShiftMatch is a staff management solution built primarily to coordinate external contingent workers with internal relief pools. Based on feedback from workforce managers and end-users, our platform has evolved over time. The end result is an intelligent, automated allocation system based on managers’ daily decisions to fill open shifts with contingent labor resources to meet fluctuating demand.
ShiftMatch increases the efficiency of filling available shifts by up to 90%, freeing up management time for strategic resourcing initiatives and staff education programs.
How can ShiftMatch help me?
- Communicate quickly and easily with any available qualified staff for each shift.
- Manage and track large casual pools across multiple disciplines easily.
- Automate external contingent agency resourcing, eliminating the need for telephone calls to agencies.
- Assist a centralised staffing model in creating or expanding an internal resource pool.
ShiftMatch is an intelligent automated allocation system based on the everyday process and decisions managers make when filling open-shifts to meet fluctuating demands.
Aged care is a growing industry that is underfunded, therefore it is more important than ever to manage staffing resources effectively. It is no secret, effective staff management ensures residents are safe and staff are happy. Historically, the aged care industry experiences high staff churn rates, no real way to communicate with available staff and a limited pool of staff resources to adequately staff each facility. Agencies are engaged to help cover the gaps; in-charge nurses off-task away from their primary role to make phone calls to find agency staff.
These problems can be alleviated through the implementation of ShiftMatch:
- Casual staff have control over when and where they like to work, which results in a reduction in staff churn.
- Assist a centralised staffing model in creating or expanding an internal resource pool.
- Utilise staff across multiple sites within organisations while keeping track of who and where.
- Broadcast urgent information to staff, for example, infection control updates.
Childcare is a critical service provided within our communities and ensuring that centres are properly staffed is not only legislated but also extremely important to parents. Child care centres/groups often experience issues with staffing causing high agency spends due to limited staff or last-minute sick leave. Monitoring staff governance can also be an ongoing challenge for child care organisations that manage a casual pool of educators.
ShiftMatch alleviates the frenetic replacement scramble by allowing you to:
- When full-time staff are sick, a self-sick workflow can be used to reduce last-minute panic to cover the shift.
- Governance tracking, for example, WWCC and VISA can be easily managed in staff profiles.
- Shifts can be linked together to ensure continuity of care e.g the same staff over a number of days.
- Staff can be utilised across multiple centres reducing agency spend and allowing internal staff more opportunity.
The hospitality industry is a fast-paced world with a high turnover of staff. For these reasons, Hospitality staffing may become difficult due to the ever-changing list of clients and the rotating door of staff. Managing large numbers of staff and ensuring that their skills and abilities are captured and used can be a challenging task.
- ShiftMatch enables you to manage large numbers of staff with a small admin team meaning your business can scale as demand grows.
- Our location structures allow an infinite number of clients/locations and our auto-allocation tools mean new clients can automatically be assigned to your staff.
- Multiple skills, worktypes, and locations allow your staff to work as a barista one day and as a bartender the next.
- Easy communication to your staff via Smartphone Apps or SMS means shifts get filled quickly and easily – no phone calls required.
- Automatically contact highly specialised staff and match them to client jobs/orders.
In the competitive world of staffing agencies, any advantage can mean the difference between getting the job and missing out. Spending time on the phone confirming staff for jobs and working off usually outdated availability spreadsheets can significantly affect your ability to fill a shift in a competitive timeframe. ShiftMatch can help by enabling competitive advantage through quickly communicating and confirming qualified available staff and reliability to clients through improved internal systems.
- Automatically contact your available skilled staff via App or SMS and email your client when your staff are confirmed.
- WHS staffing rules are built into ShiftMatch to ensure your staff are not double booked and are working a safe amount.
- Real-time reporting on staff utilisation across clients.
- Connectivity to allow downstream data flow to payroll systems for timely staff payments and client invoicing.
Last minute scheduling is a fact of life for businesses subject to changing weather, material deliveries or subcontractors. When crews can’t operate due to staff shortages, the scramble is on to get qualified workers to the site as soon as possible. With the ShiftMatch worker availability features and the real-time texting, companies can use an automated staff rostering system like ShiftMatch to:
- Fill last-minute needs with workers skilled for the job assignment
- Notify workers via targeted broadcast texts of last-minute changes due to unforeseen factors and events
- Monitor and confirm workers’ licensing and registrations to ensure they comply with mandatory requirements
- Eliminate hours of fruitless calling to fill shifts – whether daily, weekly or monthly
Latest news, articles and other tidbits…
Responsive UI and Native Apps
If you have a smartphone or tablet connected to the internet, you can easily manage filling open shifts or accepting shift requests on the go, no matter where you are. Because ShiftMatch has a responsive interface, it just works on all mobile devices.
Our app for iOS and Android can be downloaded from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
Features for the Changing Workforce
The workforce is changing as more people work in ways that do not conform to the traditional model. Increasingly, organisations are using part-time and contingent staff to improve their service and competitiveness. Employees choose to be flexible in their work balancing either family, study, or other activities. ShiftMatch is an indispensable workforce platform that ensures that your open shifts are matched to the best staff.
ShiftMatch will deliver these benefits
Dramatically reduced the amount of time spent by management filling vacant shifts (up to 90%)
Enable focus on more strategic staff resourcing and training issues
Empowering the Casual workforce to align work preferences without prejudice
Creating a stronger sense of community among the Casual workforce through communication – increase recruitment and retention rates
Optimising the available casual pool to increase Casual utilisation by up to 30%, reducing overtime and Agency staff
Improved clinical governance through skills/grading alignment to vacancies and registration checks (VRB, AMA, Working with Children, VISA etc)
Enables accountability and prioritisation of all Agency use
Some of our frequently asked questions
I already have a scheduling/rostering system – why do I need ShiftMatch?
After you post your Staff Roster, how do your managers replace vacancies and find staff for shortfalls? ShiftMatch gets managers off the phone by automating the filling of gaps in your Roster.
We’re really busy – how hard is ShiftMatch to implement?
ShiftMatch is ready to use in just a few days – configured with your workforce and scheduling practices – and is available anywhere via the web. We help you get your staff ready for the change and we train managers and schedulers in just a couple hours.
- Do we need a capital budget?
Our customers easily pay for ShiftMatch from the savings in their overtime and agency budgets. As a software service, you only pay when you use ShiftMatch. There is an initial charge for configuration and training, and no long-term contracts or commitments.
Does ShiftMatch integrate to our other workforce software?
ShiftMatch includes a suite of industry standard API’s to connect to other workforce management software such as Scheduling, Time & Attendance, Payroll, Data Warehousing and Agency Staffing Allocation systems.
Will my staff like ShiftMatch?
Staff retention typically improves after ShiftMatch is implemented because your workers feel more valued. Staff have greater control over their work/life balance able to pick up as much or as little work as they require and only get notified about the shifts they want.
We love our users, and they love us.
We are dedicated to our users. When you use ShiftMatch, you’re using software that has been designed by its users and with over 300,000 users and counting, that’s a lot of functionality we’ve added to make the task of filling open shifts so much easier. Check out what our users are saying about ShiftMatch!
“I work in a unit that uses Shiftmatch for the booking and allocation of nursing staff members with different specialties across a large health service. The system is easy to use as a manager/staffing officer and allows easy reporting at the start of shift prior to nurse allocation. Reports are simple to run and easy to interpret. Within minutes I can prepare weekly and monthly reports to inform executive team members of all activity across the health service. With the initial assistance from Shiftmatch staff, I am now able to manipulate the data and prepare accurate and informative reports. Nothing is too much trouble when asking Shiftmatch staff for improvements or changes that we need for our individual needs. Response times are within an hour and changes made super quick. Shiftmatch takes the hassle out of staffing and reporting.” – Gaynor Norman – Staffing office manager Townsville Base Hospital
“We have been using Shiftmatch for the past few years and it has transformed our booking and availability process. It allows greater visibility as an organisation whilst allowing individual staff to manage their availability with ease. All our staff are extremely happy with Shiftmatch and enjoy knowing their schedule in advance. After hours managers are happy with Shiftmatch and its use following a short settling in period. All in all we couldn’t work without it now!” – Lisa Hartnett, Staffing Coordinator Ramsay WA
“Since implementing ShiftMatch we have: Improved the ability for part-time staff to pick up shifts within and across facilities, providing flexibility and empowering staff to be able to pick up shifts that suit personal schedules. Halved agency usage with significant projected savings per annum. Reduced rostering administration within busy, local and remote facilities through a centralised efficient small rostering team, which ensures consistent application of policy and procedure. And improved organisational ability to manage overtime, report and provide facilities with evidence to support improvement and change ” – Jenny Barbara – Bethanie Group